Monday, July 25, 2011
Chapter 35
When Miss Eloise had left, Sarah swung around to Betsy giving her a panicked look. "Wedding dress!?" she mouthed, "and who in heavens name and I getting married to?" Betsy shrugged while Miss Marple rolled her eyes. Miss Eloise stumbled back into the front room balancing several tea trays on her arms. "I've never had quite a unique set of guests here for a wedding dress search.""Don't mind them," Miss Marple replied, "they're just along for the fun of it."Sarah was the one to roll her eyes this time. Miss Eloise prodded Sarah measured her up and down and walked into the back room to pick a selection of dresses. "I don't have anyone to marry!" Sarah whispered frantically to Betsy, "I don't even want to get married yet!""It's just to get to the bottom of the case," Betsy whispered back, "Calm down.""Don't tell me to calm down!" Sarah hissed a little louder than she meant, "You calm down! Why can't it be you pretending to get married though? I HATE shopping!" She wasn't so angry though when she saw the selection that Miss Eloise brought back though. "Now," said Miss Marple, "While those are all very lovely; Do you think that you could sew a custom gown?" "Of course," replied Miss Eloise a little indignantly, "I can sew anything you can dream up" (Miss Eloise is French so all of that was in a french accent). "Oh wonderful," sighed Miss Marple, "I was hoping you would say that. And you really mean anything?" "Yes!" Miss Eloise pushed, "I can make skinny women look fat and fat women look skinny. I can make yards of fabric vanish and stretch a couple of yards into a ball gown fit for a queen!" Betsy was wide eyed and Miss Marple was beaming. "I think she has just fit the final pieces together," muttered Betsy to herself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment