Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chapter 13

S-Wait... I'm confused. What was going on in our minds and who else is in the vicinity?
B-Well, pretty much everything that Simon said to you. And the Sultry Scott is being creepy and stalking me where ever I go. So he's about 25 yards from where we are... I thought you would catch on.
B-Unless you want Simon to really have said that to you... But I thought you might not like that.
S-Oh, that makes a lot more sense. I guess I was just really confused... I was pretty sure it was the Sultry Scott but then I was feeling confused so I figured I'd ask about that too...
S-"Oh, yes very fine indeed," Simon replied. The walked along for a while longer and then sat down on a bench near the path. Sarah stared at the sky because she didn't know what else to do. Then, in the clouds she saw something very strange--a sea turtle. Well, it was a cloud sea turtle, but still, what a peculiar animal to be in the clouds she thought. Before she could ponder it more, a streak of long manly hair and plaid blurred past in Betsy's direction. "Not again," Sarah moaned. She stood up and started off in the same direction. Someone had to save Betsy from him and it certainly wouldn't be frail old Euphemiana. Simon caught up to Sarah."What is going on? And who is that?" "Well you see," Sarah said over her shoulder because she was hurrying, "the Sultry Scot has fallen in love with my sister." "Oh, I see" replied Simon. By this time they had caught up with the Scot who was attempting to grab Betsy's hand. Before anyone could blink the Scot was on the ground with a bloodied nose and Sarah daintily rubbing her knuckles where they had come into contact with a certain someone.
B-"Oh beautiful execution Sarah!" exclaimed Betsy. "I must say that was an expertly placed punch," agreed Simon. Euphemaina just stood smiling blithely and pulled her large fur coat more firmly around her to keep the chill air out. Betsy looked down in pity, with a little bit of disgust, at the Scot but didn't feel to bad for him because her hand was just gaining back it's circulation. The group continued on it's merry way, and the new topic of discussion was how to protect Betsy from the Scot. "I can take care of myself!" said Betsy indignantly. "Dearest, I'm not sure that you can. I mean, you seem a little overwhelmed by all this attention so your defensive skills just aren't what they normally are," stated Sarah matter of factly. "Ok, fine. Simon, would you like to be our male presence around town to stem the flow of attacks on me?" inquired Betsy. "I would consider it an honor!" laughed Simon because apparently he thought this all was very amusing. It was just at this moment that Betsy noticed Poppy was MIA!!
S-"Poppy" cried Betsy, "my dearest friend is gone, now I am alone in the world." "I thought I was your dearest friend" Sarah remarked. "Well yes, but Poppy is my other dearest friend." Everyone spread out began searching the park, calling Poppy's name. She was no where in sight. Even Euphemiana was poking around in the bushes muttering her name. After about three quarters of an hour of searching nothing had come up. They decided the best plan of action would be to contact the Popo and since they were all at a beloved comrade's funeral Simon set of to town to get them in person. This was a matter of life and death! Sarah eventually Poppy's ribbon caught in a bush. Near by there were paw prints everywhere. "A sure sign a a struggle" sniffed Betsy, "she is surely eaten by the wolves by now. Poor dear." Just as these words escaped her lips a sweet, innocent howl pierced the air.






and

No comments:

Post a Comment