B-"Whoa there! Don't think about going anywhere," said Betsy while the men approached trying to stop his escape. But the Butler had flung dear little Poppy from his leg and was now sprinting down the lane. "Stop him!" yelled the Chief Popo. With that they were all chasing him down the little cobblestone street, but thankfully there was a savior up ahead. A little old lady who had been knitting outside the Killwinning inn. She saw the hubub and being as clever as she was she grabbed the nearest thing and ran out into the path of the Butler. As soon as he was in range, she threw a pot of Begonia's at his head. He crumpled to the ground covered in pottery shards, begonias, and dirt. Meanwhile, the chasing party was beginning to catch up. "Oh my dear aunt," said Simon, "How did you manage to react so quickly and come to our aide." "I've had experience with murders many times before and saw the opportunity to help," she sweetly replied, "I was aware of the fact that the police, with other help, were trying to catch a murderer in this town and with the way this man, who I must say reminds me a little of what I thought Jack the Ripper would look like, was fleeing I put two and two together. Let me introduce myself, I'm Jane Marple."
No comments:
Post a Comment