Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chapter 19

B-The girls decided that they didn't even want to fight with the Butler by pounding on the door again so they decided that maybe there was someone in town that could help the poor dead or very soon to be dead beaver. So they set off at a very quick pace down the hill towards the town. About a minute or two into their journey Poppy started sniffy interestedly in the air. "What is it girl?" asked Sarah. "What do you smell?" Betsy was peering ahead because she thought she saw someone coming up the lane. "Sarah!" she exclaimed, "I think someone's coming!" "I do believe you are right sister," said Sarah. "Maybe that's what Poppy was sniffing." The figure very soon came into focus and it was just who the girls were wanting to see! "Simon!" Betsy shrieked, "We have just been to your house and your Butler was quite rude to us. We even told him that we had a dead or very soon to be dead beaver on our hands." He was quite close to where the were now, and he was not smiling. Betsy, who had almost completely forgotten that he was a suspect in the murder investigation became a little nervous, and she could tell that the other's were too. "What if he really is the murderer and he's coming to finish us off," she thought to herself. "At least I'm a trained ninja..."
S-She had totally forgotten that several summers prior she had gone to Korea to learn the ways of the warriors. Good thing she just remembered. She was just about to reach for her ankle dagger when Simon's expression changed to one of shock. "Sarah, Betsy? You're alive?" he gasped. I've just gone to town to tell everyone the dreadful news of what happened that day in the shack. "Yes, I'm so sorry we thwarted your plans to MURDER us!" shrieked Betsy, her inner warrior was beginning to emerge. Wait, what do you mean I tried to kill you?" asked Simon, "I never did
 anything of the sort. I think there has been a little bit of confusion. You tried to kill me. Don't think I didn't see that deathly night-grip flower so cleverly placed right in my line of stepping. So yes, I did lock you down in the cellar so that... I could figure out what to do about the fact that two supposed detectives tried to kill me. I went to talk to my grandmother about it because she is so clever you see. When I got back to the house however she was indisposed and didn't want to see anyone. I walked back to the shack only to see it in ashes." "Well then who tried to kill us?" inquired Sarah. "They'd better fess up quick or they'll get whats coming to 'em" said Betsy savagely
B-"Well I didn't notice anything around the shack when I was there," said Simon. "But then again I was distraught with grief and confusion." "Alright! How about we continue this lovely conversation later, because we have a dead or very soon to be dead beaver here!" said Betsy in as calm a voice as she could muster because this whole thing was very stressful and she just wanted a bit of breakfast. Sarah and Simon agreed that for the sake of the poor beaver, the conversation could be postponed for a minute or two, and the five started briskly down the lane. "I think we should take him to the Apothecary," said Sarah. " I bet that he would know something to cure this poor sweet creature." So they altered their course in the direction of said Apothecary...
S-Meanwhile, Poppy was looking up at Simon with adoring eyes and playfully nipping at his heels as if to say she had missed him. "Poppy," Sarah whispered exasperatedly, "That is no way to treat a suspect. You must stop immediately. We have no idea what he is capable of!" Poppy slinked to the other side of the party and they proceeded onward. The beaver's breathing began to be laborious. "I think he is holding on to his last strings of life!" cried Betsy in severe distress, "we must hasten!" They awkward group finally reached the steps of the Apothecary only to 
find the door quite locked, rather than just locked, for you see several different kinds of bolts and fasteners seemed to be engaged in the task of preventing the salvation of an innocent creature! "What to do, what to do!" Betsy fretted, "Oh wait, I have ninja skills. I forgot that several moons ago I visited the ancient land and learned the ways of master Jaedong this is fortunate indeed for if I had not traveled..." "Just get on with it!" cried Sarah in distress. "Oh, yes,
of course." said Betsy and in one swift movement the door had been cloven in two.
B-The room smelled even more peculiar than it had the first time the girls had visited, and the haze seemed to have grown thicker. "Where the devil is the Apothecary man!" shouted Betsy, who's only concern now was whether the beaver lived or died. Sarah on the other hand was rather composed as she said, "Simon, if you would be so kind as to check the back room for the Apothecary man. If he is not brought directly I think dearest Betsy will have a hernia, or some other medical disaster." Simon ran to the back room but he was not gone long before there was a loud yell. The girls quickly ran to the back room where the smell was even worse and the haze even more dense. As they looked around they spotted Simon crouched over a mass of cloth on the floor. "Oh my heavens!" exclaimed Betsy. "This is not the time for another death! We need his skills to help save the poor dead or very soon to be dead beaver!" "Curses," muttered Sarah under her breath. "Wait!" said Simon, "I think I've found a pulse! We need to get help!" but Poppy was already two steps ahead...




and

No comments:

Post a Comment